Thursday, November 15, 2012

Prelude

I am a very normal dude limited in knowledge and virtue. I don't like the way the part in my hair lies. I am disappointed about how kinky and dark my beard is compared to the hair on my head. I am also frustrated with myself about how lazy I am predisposed to be especially regarding exercise and study. So I do not have much authority writing about abstract topics or attempt to provide answers to deep philosophical questions; I am just too normal and not that intelligent. Nevertheless, since everybody is entitled to her two cents, this blog is an expression of mine (my two cents, I mean).

I won't pretend to know what I don't know. Sometimes this will translate into not providing much in the way of empirical facts. I apologize in advance for that. In the coming posts, I am going to give my two cents on some classic epistemological topics: skepticism, the meaning of 'knowledge,' and when we're justified in saying we know what we think or say we know, among others, I'm sure.

I'll take up skepticism in the next post. Or at least I'll begin to.

But now, I have to go eat Chinese food with my gal.

No comments: